Fatima Portugal holiday

diary and photographs of a budget, short-break vacation, prayer sheet, statute of our lady, message of Fatima, Jacinta, Francisco, Lucia, The Sanctuary, Fatima tourist information, this site is dedicated to obtaining justice for Erica and Eric Williams, Port Hope Simpson, Labrador, Newfoundland, Canada...http://porthopesimpson.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 14, 2004

Day 7 Lisbon to Faro; Wednesday 1 August 2001

So this morning after an early start I checked out the Metro system where everybody was moaning so I gave it a miss. Eventually I hopped on a bus and walked the rest of way to do Paco station. I fancied the ferry ride so I crossed early. It took about 20 mins with a great view back to Lisbon - an architecturally beautiful and hilly city still recovering in parts from hosting Expo ’98 that reminded me of Expo ’69 in Montreal I went to. At Barreiro Ferry and Rail Terminus I just idled away my time waiting for the train, walked round Barreiro, Left Barrerio on IC (Inter City) train - they are the business. Luckily saw a field full of black bullfighting bulls.
Arrived Faro about 1825, walked through the town and caught an Eva bus just about direct to Hotel Monaco. Room 107, first floor this time. I soaked in a hot bath feeling quite exhausted. I had a light evening meal of SuperBeck, buns, cheese and a brilliant tagliatelli Monaco style: little pasta, omlettey egg, ham, peppers, tomatoes and onion. It was absolutely delicious and I passed on my compliments to the chef who came out from her kitchen, remembered me from last week when I had bacalhau and who held my hand tightly in both of hers to shake it. She was a rounded; pitch black lady with a white flat cap on who was obviously not chef - trained but an excellent cook all the same. Loads of laughter came from the kitchen because I had passed on my compliments to the chef. I fell asleep about 0100.

Expedia.com. Travel Right!